Designed for you to maximise every minute
Designed for you to maximise every minute
An IT manager’s dream
The ThinkPad T580 has a match-on-chip fingerprint reader, anti-spoofing technology that authenticates log-in credentials and helps safeguards your data, and ThinkShutter, a webcam cover that you can open and close. It has an integrated global LTE-A feature (available later as an option) that keeps you connected around the world, WiFi or not. Just as impressive is the epic battery life—up to 26 hours on a single charge, enabling the T580 to be truly mobile.
To help save you time and effort in setting up and deploying each T580, there's Microsoft AutoPilot. This cloud-based solution lets you preconfigure every laptop so that they are ready to use right out of the box.
Raises performance levels—and eyebrows
Delivering higher performance and far faster than its predecessor, the new 8th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor is designed to take your productivity to new heights. Backed by the increased efficiency and speed of DDR4 memory (up to 32 GB), the T580 gives you the power of a desktop PC with the freedom of a portable laptop.
Where form meets function
Inspired by ThinkPad customers, this latest T-Series business machine has a USB-C docking connector on the side rather than underneath, enabling the T580 to be just 19.95 mm thin. It also has a range of convenient ports, including the lightning-quick Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3. In addition, should you need to work on the go or in low-light conditions, the renowned ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard has a convenient backlight (optional).
And innovation meets intuition
Thanks to Windows Hello and the optional built-in infrared camera, you can access your files and data with just a smile. As well as facial recognition, the T580 features Glance technology, which merges face-tracking, eye-tracking, and gaze-tracking. So when the T580 is hooked up to an external monitor, you can have a more intuitive, productive interaction by automatically focusing the cursor and shifting windows—simply by moving your eyes.
Power up without powering down
Each T580 comes with built-in Power Bridge technology as standard. This innovation is the answer to 'low battery' warnings, especially if you are on the road or without a power outlet nearby. It allows you to swap out a battery and simply replace it with a fully charged one—without having to turn off your machine. So you can keep your T580 going for up to 26 hours between charges.
By configuring your T580 with an optional touchscreen, you can interact more intuitively and easily with your work—and have more fun during your downtime.
Stronger online security, made easy
Signing into websites or making online payments usually involves trying to remember all kinds of passwords. Not so with the FIDO—Fast Identity Online—authentication capabilities that are built into the latest generation of ThinkPad laptops. By wrapping your user info and credentials into three secure layers, FIDO makes it safer and easier when you are online. This global solution also creates better security of web-based services and reduces cost for organisations. A win-win for everyone.
One less thing to worry about
For extra peace of mind, the T580 comes with a worldwide warranty as standard. This enables you to seek expert assistance and help in 160 countries across the globe.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support (Optional Upgrade) provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical knowhow and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore Technical Call Centre Support from Sydney, NSW.
- Weekday 7am – 7pm Technical Call Centre Support (Eastern Standard Time).
- Next Business Day Onsite Labour* & Parts Prioritisation.
- Designated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management.
- Single Contact For End-to-End Case Management to see all issues through to closure.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Software Support to support more than hardware.
Ask An Owner
ThinkPad T580Ask An Owner
Description Lenovo ThinkPad T580 Processor
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (6M Cache, 1.6 GHz, 3.4 GHz max)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8350U Processor (6M Cache, 1.7 GHz, 3.6 GHz max), vPro™
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (8M Cache, 1.8 GHz, 4.0 GHz max)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8650U Processor (8M Cache, 1.9 GHz, 4.2 GHz max), vPro
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
- 15.6" FHD IPS (1920x1080), anti-glare, 250 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, 170° viewing angle
- 15.6" UHD IPS (3840x2160), anti-glare, 300 nits, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% gamut, 170° viewing angle
Multi-TouchOn-cell touch, supports 10-finger gesture, FHD only, optional Graphics
- Standard: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Optional: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150, 2GB GDDR5 memory (option available only on models with i7 CPU)
- Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB-C; supports 3 independent displays
- Max. resolution: 4096x2304 @60Hz (USB-C), 4096x2160 @30GHz (HDMI)
Memory32GB max / 2400MHz DDR4, 2 x DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets Webcam
- Standard: 720p HD camera with ThinkShutter, fixed focus
- Optional: 720p HD camera and IR camera - required for Windows Hello and facial recognition, but it does not have ThinkShutter
- Some: M.2 SSD / SATA: 128GB
- Some: M.2 SSD / PCIe NVMe OPAL2: 256GB / 512GB / 1TB
Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)365.8 x 252.8 x 19.95-20.2 mm Weight
- Integrated model: starting at 1.95 kg
- Discrete model: starting at 1.99 kg
Case colourBlack Case materialGlass-fibre reinforced plastic Battery
- Front (integrated): 4-cell (32Wh)
- Rear (replaceable): 3-cell (24Wh) or 6-cell (72Wh)
- With 4 + 3-cell: up to 13.8 hours
- With 4 + 6-cell (72Wh): up to 26.1 hours
AC adaptor45W / 65W 3-pin USB-C Keyboard6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, numeric keyboard, optional LED backlight UltraNav™TrackPoint® poitning device and buttonless Mylar surface multi-touch touchpad Fingerprint readerMatch on Chip (MoC) touch fingerprint reader Audio support
- HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3287 codec, Dolby® Audio™ Premium
- Stereo speakers, 2W x 2
- Dual array microphone
- Headphone / microphone combo jack
- Non-vPro model: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V
- vPro model: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM
Wireless LANIntel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, Wi-Fi 2x2 802.11ac + Bluetooth® 4.2*
*Bluetooth® 4.2 capabilities limited by Windows OS
Wireless WANOptional: Integrated global mobile broadband LTE-A Security chipDiscrete TPM 2.0, TCG Certified NFCNone Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- 1 x USB-C
- 1 x Thunderbolt (x2 Gen3)
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45)
- 1 x nano-SIM card slot (WWAN model only)
- 1 x headphone / microphone combo jack
- 1 x 4-in-1 card reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- 1 x side docking connector
- 1 x security keyhole
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
- 1 Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad T580Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.