ThinkPad P1 Mobile Workstation
ThinkPad P1 Mobile Workstation
The power you need, the machine you want
- Starting at:
“Built for those who need to do some heavy lifting while on the go.”
Windows Central, August 13, 2018
Count on the ThinkPad P1 workstation for mission-critical reliability and powerful performance, with the added freedom of mobility that only our thinnest and lightest workstation can provide. The latest Intel® Xeon® and Core™ processing, graphics up to NVIDIA® Quadro® P2000, and signature black carbon fibre finish make this ultra-portable workstation a must-have powerhouse for today’s most agile businesses.
The ThinkPad P1 has been tested and proven to seamlessly render data-intensive applications. Don’t just take our word for it: the P1 boasts dozens of the major independent software vendor (ISV) certifications.
Learn more about ISV certification for the ThinkPad P1
Workstation power has never looked so good
Encased by a carbon fibre and magnesium alloy exterior in Think's signature black style, the ThinkPad P1 boasts a visual impact that's as strong as the power within. At a mere 18.4 mm, no one will mistake this machine for anything less than ultra-premium.
Girded for the toughest ordeals
We inflict some of the most stringent product testing in the industry on ThinkPads, so you get the perfect blend of power and durability expect from any Think model. The ThinkPad P1 has endured 12 military-grade testing requirements and passed more than 200 quality checks to ensure it performs in extreme conditions. From the arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, you can trust this mobile workstation to handle whatever life throws your way.
Thin in size, thick with features
It’s not just power the ThinkPad P1 packs into its slim, ultrathin chassis. Its robust connectivity features – including multiple Thunderbolt™ ports, as well as more traditional connectors like USB 3.0 and HDMI – put other mobile workstations to shame. We even shrunk the power supply by more than a third!
Immersive display and visuals
The ThinkPad P1 offers the option of a stunning 15.6-inch 4k UHD (3840 x 2160) touchscreen display for the finest optics. Colours are super-vibrant with 100% Adobe colour gamut and 400 nits. The ThinkPad P1 workstation is also available in a full HD (1920 x 1080), 300 nits display option. Whether you're creating graphic-intensive multimedia or simply enjoying it, you’ll definitely appreciate the upgraded visuals!
For times when you need to plug in your earbuds, Dolby Atmos® transports you to a whole new world of sound. With Dolby Atmos, the ThinkPad P1 creates an amazing headphone experience for breathtaking, moving audio that flows above and around you. Enjoy your listening experience whether jamming out to your favourite song, hashing out project details on a conference call, or catching the latest video on your feed.
Ask An Owner
ThinkPad P1Ask An Owner
Description Processor 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor or Intel Xeon® E Processor:
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (9M Cache, 2.2 GHz, 4.1 GHz max)
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8850H Processor (9M Cache, 2.6 GHz, 4.3 GHz max)
- Intel Xeon E-2176M Processor (12M Cache, 2.7 GHz, 4.4 GHz max)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstations (Xeon models only)
- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, IPS, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, 72% gamut, 170° viewing angle
- 15.6" 4K (3840x2160), anti-glare, IPS, 400 nits, 1200:1 contrast ratio, 100% gamut, 170° viewing angle, multi-touch
Multi-touchCapacitive-type, supports 10-finger gesture, anti-reflective, anti-smudge (4K model only) PenOptional ThinkPad Active Capacitive Pen (4X80H34887), supports 4K multi-touch model only Graphics
- Intel UHD Graphics 630 in processor, and
- NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 or P2000, 4GB memory
- Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or Thunderbolt™
- Supports 4 independent displays
- Max resolution: 5120x2880 @30Hz (Thunderbolt); 4096x2160 @ 60Hz (HDMI)
- 2400MHz DDR4, dual channel capable, 2 x DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets
- ECC function supported on Xeon model
- Note: installed DIMMs are 2666MHz but run at 2400MHz due to Intel limitation
- 720p HD camera with ThinkShutter, fixed focus
- 720p HD camera and IR camera, fixed focus - required for Windows Hello and facial recognition, but it does not have ThinkShutter
- Note: 4K model comes with 720p HD camera and IR camera only
- Up to 2 drives (2 x M.2 SSD)
- M.2 SSD / PCIe NVMe, PCIe 3.0 x 4, 32Gb/s
RAIDRAID 0/1 support, optional Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Non-touch model: 361.8 x 245.7 x 18.4 mm
- Multi-touch model: 361.8 x 245.7 x 18.7 mm
- Non-touch model: starting at 1.7 kg
- Multi-touch model: starting at 1.8 kg
Case colourBlack Battery4-cell (80Wh), integrated Battery life1
- Discrete mode: up to 7.36 hours
- Hybrid mode: up to 13.87 hours
AC adaptor135W slim tip, supports RapidCharge Keyboard6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight UltraNav™
- TrackPoint® pointing device
- Buttonless glass surface touchpad
Fingerprint readerTouch style Match on Chip (MoC) touch fingerprint reader Audio support
- HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3286 codec
- Stereo speakers, 2W x 2, Dolby® Audio™ Premium
- Headphone / microphone combo jack, Dolby Atmos® for headphone, dual array mic
EthernetNative Intel Ethernet Connection via optional ThinkPad Ethernet Extension Cable Wireless LANIntel Wireless-AC 9560, Wi-Fi 2x2 802.11ac + Bluetooth® 5.0 Wireless WANNone Security chipDiscrete TPM 2.0, TCG Certified vProIntel vPro technology, optional Colour calibrationNone NFCNone Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- 2 x USB-C / Thunderbolt 3
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x network extension connector
- 1 x 4-in-1 card reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC), supports UHS-II SD card
- 1 x smart card reader (optional)
- 1 x combo audio/mic jack
- 1 x security slot
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
- 1 MobileMark 2014. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- 1. AC power in
- 2. 2 x USB-C Thunderbolt™ 3
- 3. HDMI 2.0
- 4. Network extension
- 5. Combo audio/mic
- 6. Smart card reader (optional)
- 7. 4-in-1 SD card reader
- 8. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- 9. Security slot
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad P1Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.