- Optimise your workloads with choice of flexible storage-based configurations, designed for infrastructure basics to business-critical applications
- Reduce unplanned downtime and minimise costs with industry-leading reliability features and tools
- Simplify server management with Lenovo XClarity
- Safeguard enterprise data with built-in Lenovo Trusted Platform Assurance, an exclusive set of security features and practices, plus optional self-encrypting drives and IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager
- Gain superior performance with Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (up to 44 cores per server), 1.5TB TruDDR4 2400MHz Memory, end-to-end 12Gbps RAID support—devices and infrastructure
- Reduce data center costs with smart energy-efficient features, including extended operating temperature, Titanium power supplies (up to 96 percent efficiency), active/standby power supply modes, dual fan zone design, TruDDR4 Memory (with up to 45 percent lower energy use over DDR3), and optional Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager
- Run more virtual machines and workloads with up to 22 percent more cores than the previous generation
Exceptional, Versatile Performance
The versatile 1U two-socket Lenovo System x3550 M5 rack server fuels almost any workload from infrastructure to Big Data with industry-leading reliability. It comes integrated with up to two Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 series (44 cores per system), faster, energy-efficient TruDDR4 Memory, and up to 12 drives of storage. With 22 percent more cores per system than the previous generation and memory speeds up to 2400MHz, the x3550 M5 lets your workloads fly.
Lenovo servers have consistently achieved the highest reliability of all x86 servers, industry-wide. Predictive Failure Analysis and smart diagnostic tools facilitate reduced downtime and costs. Other high-availability features on the x3550 M5 include dual fan zones with redundant fans, as well as hot-swappable drives and power supplies.
Lenovo Trusted Platform Assurance, a built-in set of security features and practices, protects your hardware and firmware. You can also deploy self-encrypting drives using the optional IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager.