The laptop for workdays, work nights, & weekends
The laptop for workdays, work nights, & weekends
Dazzle yourself & others
Choose the low-power FHD option for ultimate battery life on your T490s, or go with the FHD touchscreen. For refined details, increased brightness, and amazingly accurate colors, dramatic Dolby Vision® high-dynamic-range (HDR) technology is available on the WQHD panel. No matter which display you choose, they’re all framed by a new narrow bezel design that results in a larger display area.
Acts on your command
With Cortana Premium, you can speak commands to your T490s from across the room. The integrated far-field microphones ensure your voice carries its weight. Wake your device with a simple phrase. Quickly and easily find files and calendar events. Even put your system into standby mode to improve battery performance. Speak your mind and boost your productivity at the same time.
Tested for battle, built for life
Like all ThinkPads, the T490s is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60
The T490s delivers up to 20 hours of battery life*. And if you’re running low, Rapid Charge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to almost 16 hours. What more could you need for life on the go?
*Based on testing with MobileMark 2014 on the low-power FHD display panel. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors. Note that Rapid Charge requires the 65W power adapter.
What happens on your PC stays on your PC
Unless you decide to share it. For confidential data that needs to remain secure from roaming eyes, the T490s offers an FHD panel with PrivacyGuard—an exclusive technology that narrows the field of view of the screen info from all angles other than head-on. ThinkShutter, a physical cover that you can slide open when you want to use the camera and closed when you're finished, is now available on all camera options. You can also add an optional IR (infrared) camera and optional touch fingerprint reader for biometric login.
Whether you’re out in the world or working at your desk, the T490s keeps you connected. The optional LTE-A card keeps you up and running worldwide*. While the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station easily connects with two male Type-C ports that snap into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and connects to all of your peripherals.
*WWAN must be configured at time of purchase, as it’s not upgradeable.Show MoreLess
Description Specifications ProcessorUp to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5/i7 vPro™ Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro 14" Antiglare Display
- FHD IPS (1920 x 1080, 250 nit)
- FHD IPS touchscreen (1920 x 1080, 300 nit)
- FHD IPS low power (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)
- FHD IPS Privacy Guard (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)
- WQHD IPS with Dolby Vision® (2560 x 1440, 500 nit, 100% Adobe color gamut)
MemoryUp to 32GB Battery
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
- Up to 20 hours* 57Wh,
- Rapid Charge technology available with 65W AC
- Up to 1TB PCIe SSD
- Optional: Intel® Optane Memory
GraphicsIntel UHD 620 Audio
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dual far-field microphones
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Black: WQHD, low-power FHD: 328.8mm x 225.8mm x 16.1mm / 12.94” x 8.85” x 0.63”
- Black: FHD, FHD Touchscreen, & FHD PrivacyGuard: 329mm x 226.15mm x 16.7mm / 12.95” x 8.90” x 0.63”
- Silver, all panels: 329.15mm x 226.45mm x 17.2mm / 12.96” x 8.90” x 0.67”
- Black FHD IPS /Touchscreen & non-touch: 2.98lbs / 1.35kg
- Black FHD, WQHD, & PrivacyGuard: 2.81lbs / 1.27kg
- Silver: 3.29lbs / 1.49kg
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional: Hybrid Infrared (IR) with ThinkShutter
- Spill resistant
- Bottom-load backlight with white LED lighting
- 65W (required for Rapid Charge)
- WWAN: Optional: Integrated Global Mobile Broadband LTE-A
- WLAN: Intel® Dual-Band Wireless 2 x 2 AC
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- Ethernet: Optional, via dongle
- Optional: NFC
- 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 2 x USB-C (1 Thunderbolt™ 3)
- Headphone / mic combo
- HDMI 1.4
- Combo MicroSD / Micro-SIM slot
- Smart card reader
- Fast Online Identity (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- dTPM 2.0
- Optional: Match-on-Chip touch fingerprint reader
- Optional: PrivacyGuard
- Kensington lock slot
Docking stations sold separately.Specifications may vary depending upon region.
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock Gen 2
- ThinkPad Basic/Pro/Ultra Dock
- 1. USB-C AC Power
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt 3
- 3. Ethernet extension
- 4. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 5. HDMI 1.4
- 6. Headphone / mic combo
- 7. Smart card reader
- 8. USB 3.1 (Gen 1) powered
- 9. Kensington lock slot
- 10. MicroSD / Micro-SIM combo
ThinkPad T490sTop Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and protect your ThinkPad investment—so you can focus on your business, not your IT.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems.
Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This fixed-cost, fixed-term protection plan minimizes unexpected repairs for predictable budgeting and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.
Get a fixed-term, fixed-price service solution to match the lifecycle of your device and fit within your budget. Choose from a range of solutions, including next business day on-site, 9x5x4, and 24x7 response time windows. Purchasing an extension at the time of a system purchase saves 15-30% over the price of purchasing it post-warranty.