Lenovo knows that your securing business data is vital to your success. Whether you work with sensitive data or not, ensure your business data remains in your hands with Lenovo Hard Disk Drive Retention service. Under the terms of the Lenovo Limited Warranty, when Lenovo replaces a defective part, that part becomes the property of Lenovo. If your hard drive fails and it is still covered under warranty, Hard Disk Drive Retention lets you keep your old drive and hold on to your data.
Hard Disk Drive Retention is available for all Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks, ThinkCentre desktops, ThinkStation workstations and ThinkServer.
| || |
|Why You Should Buy:|
Keeping data confidential and protected is your responsibility. Retaining your hard drive ensures data never leaves your business.
Compliance and Risk Mitigation
Helps you comply with current data privacy and data retention requirements, thereby helping to mitigate civil liability risks.
By keeping failed hard drives in-house, you decide how and when to dispose of your data, on your own terms. Tracking failed hard drives in-transit becomes a non-issue. Covers multiple drives in a system and multiple failures (some server systems can have as many as 12 hard drives) Convenience - Helps reduce paper work associated with returning and tracking hard drives.
| ||Details |
How to redeem the service
- Hard Disk Drive Retention service is available at the time of system purchase, and during any period of warranty coverage.
- Coverage continues for duration of system limited warranty, even if hard drive has been replaced.
1. In the event of a hard drive failure, please contact Lenovo via the normal contact mechanisms associated with your service agreement or Limited Warranty.
2. If the Lenovo troubleshooting determines that the hard drive is defective and that your entitlement confirms Hard Disk Drive Retention Service, Lenovo will replace the hard drive, and you may retain the original.
3. You agree to have an authorized representative present to retain defective hard disk drive, to accept replacement hard disk drives from Lenovo, to provide Lenovo with the serial number of each hard disk drive retained, and upon Lenovo request, execute a document provided by Lenovo acknowledging the retention of the hard disk drive.
Try our award-winning Web support.
Browse our catalog for product and solution course offerings.