Lenovo’s Accidental Damage Protection¹ gives you the peace of mind to know your investment and budget are protected from the hassles of unexpected repairs and expenses. It covers accidents beyond the system warranty and protects your notebook or tablet² PC from non-warranted operational or structural failures incurred under normal operating conditions.
Why Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)?
Here are some factors to consider:
- • IT Departments don’t have to purchase and manage spare inventory to fix damaged PCs.
- • Lenovo’s comprehensive diagnostic tools can identify hidden damage that may have otherwise gone untreated.
- • International repair centers with in-country language support for coverage when and where you need it.
- • Based on a sample of Lenovo claims, ADP can save, on average, 28%³ versus the typical cost of notebook repair, and 75 - 80% for tablets.
- • Typical replacement costs for commonly damaged components:
|Component To Be Repaired||Typical Repair Cost|
|System Board||Up to $500|
|Hard Disk Drive||$300|
|Minor Damage to Tablet||$250|
|Table Replacement of multiple parts³||Up to $600|
With a single, predictable upfront investment, you can decrease downtime, increase productivity, and accurately predict and budget service costs for the year. Depending on the number of systems covered over the life of the installed base, you could save significantly on unplanned repair expenses.
What’s Typically Covered?
Accidental drops, liquid, spills, bumps, that prevent your system from operating, electrical surges and damage to the integrated LCD screen.
- • Your system accidentally slips off the table and the LCD screen cracks.
- • An electrical surge causes significant damage to your PC’s hardware during a lightning storm.
- • The coffee spills on the keyboard and the extent of damage is unknown.
What’s Not Covered?
Cosmetic damage, theft, equipment loss or failures due to usage outside of normal operating conditions. Any data loss or interruption of business. Damage to peripherals or third-party products, even if sold by Lenovo.
- • The outer case cracks but your system still operates effectively.
- • You’ve left your PC behind on the subway.
- • The system is used in the rain, and you lose an entire day of productivity because your PC no longer functions.