SINGAPORE – September 1, 2008: Lenovo today announced the ThinkCentre A62, one of the most cost effective ThinkCentres and the AMD desktop in the ThinkCentre family which provides the greatest platform stability. Offered at a starting price of $831, the ThinkCentre A62 incorporates a bundle of exciting features, industry leading services and support; and is among the most environmentally friendly ThinkCentres available. The ThinkCentre A62 is Lenovo’s latest PC offering in a summer 2008 blitz aimed at helping businesses with cost effective computing solutions.
"IT departments, especially in the business world, don't like change," said Ronnie Lee, Country General Manager, Lenovo Singapore and Brunei. "The new ThinkCentre A62 was built to provide business customers with longer PC buying cycles. It combines top-notch performance, manageability and environmental responsibility in a high value machine."
The ThinkCentre A62 desktop has what businesses demand:
- 15 months stability – Lenovo is committed to providing stability to the business community by deploying AMD's stable, business class CPU.
- Dash 1.11 – A cost effective and easy-to-use tool that allows the user to remotely manage, boot, audit and update the system.
- Lenovo ThinkVantage Technologies – A comprehensive set of productivity and manageability tools that lowers the total cost of ownership, and frees up IT staff to focus on more critical IT issues.
- Express Repair – A TVT component that can fix many system corruptions in less than 3 minutes without disturbing data or applications.
- Environmentally friendly – The system is GREENGUARD and EPEAT Gold certified, ENERGY STAR 4.0 rated, and as an option has the computer industry's only "green" fingerprint keyboard2 made of 35 percent post consumer recycled material.
- Saves energy costs – The A62 uses up to 40 percent less electricity than its ThinkCentre predecessor, the A61. This is due to the efficiency of the new AMD 15w CPU – Athlon 2650e.3
"The Lenovo ThinkCentre A62 desktop is based on AMD Business Class technology to enable the performance needed by organizations to meet real world productivity needs while keeping energy consumption in check," said Greg White, corporate vice president desktop and embedded division, AMD.
Graphics performance is enhanced by DirectX10 Onboard, along with optional support for DisplayPort4 . The A62 is backed by Lenovo's award-winning service and support, with a base one or three year warranty depending on the model purchased.
Pricing and Availability:
The ThinkCentre A62, starting at $831, is available in September 2008 through business partners. For a complete high performance green computing solution, the A62 can be combined with the ThinkVision L197w, a low power EPEAT Gold certified monitor that provides a 19-inch screen.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is dedicated to building exceptionally engineered personal computers. Lenovo's business model is built on innovation, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction as well as a focus on investment in emerging markets. Formed by Lenovo Group's acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services worldwide. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com.
1 DASH will be available through an add-on card in Nov. 2008.
2 Green fingerprint keyboard is an optional accessory.
3 AMD Athlon 2650e CPU power savings are determined by Lenovo lab testing. Other processor options achieve less or no power savings compared to A61.
4 DisplayPort is available through an add-on card.