Lenovo strives to be a new world company that makes award-winning PCs for our customers. We operate as a company uninhibited by walls or organizational structures using worldsourcing to harness the power of innovation across our global team. We design innovative and exciting products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
|A new world company|
Lenovo, a new kind of PC company, defies geographic and organizational boundaries on a global scale:
- We develop, produce, and deliver our products across 6 continents
- Our global company has no single corporate headquarters
- Our American CEO is based in Singapore
- Our Chinese Chairman works from North Carolina
Worldsourcing is Lenovo’s answer to globalization. Our strategy unleashes the power of innovation across our global team. Worldsourcing dramatically differs from outsourcing, the original globalization model. With outsourcing, developed markets manage innovation, marketing, and general management, while low-cost emerging markets manage raw materials, labor, and manufacturing. Worldsourcing means resources, opportunities, and ideas can be found everywhere around the world.
We locate hubs of excellence where they create the most value. Our hubs enable us to solve customers’ needs with outstanding products. We can then deliver these products expediently and efficiently thanks to our supply chain and logistics.
|How Lenovo practices worldsourcing|
Lenovo’s “innovation triangle” is a strategy and structure which enables innovation to deliver real results.
Lenovo believes Worldsourcing fuels innovation, resulting in award-winning PCs for our customers. Lenovo’s Thinkpad brand remains at the heart of this business model. Let’s look at how it works:
- ThinkPad customer research and product planning happens in the US
- Market-leading notebook hardware designs come from Yamato, Japan
- The team in China builds and tests ThinkPad products
- Finally, we ship ThinkPads to every region of the world
|Solving real customer challenges|
For our Think line of products, we focus our R&D efforts on solving challenges companies face: managing their PC population efficiently, realizing a low total cost of PC ownership, and protecting valuable data from theft and damage. For our Idea line of products, we focus on individual and small business customer needs such as superior audio experience, personal data protection, and a entertainment environment.
Lenovo translates this market knowledge into these innovative product features in our Think line:
- Design features, like the spill-resistant keyboards with a liquid drain hole, protect ThinkPads from accidental spills
- Reliability features like magnesium roll-cage technology and one-button system recovery on our ThinkPad notebooks ensure data protection.
- Productivity features like the ThinkVantage Productivity Center simplify daily tasks such as wireless connectivity, driver upgrades, and password protection.
- Energy-efficient “green” systems meet EPEAT Gold and EnergyStar 4.0 standards.
- Security features like chassis intrusion detection, fingerprint reader login, embedded security chip, and USB enable/disable switches to protect data and assets from theft or damage.
- Cutting edge personal data protection withVeriFace™ face recognition software and integrated camera.
- Dolby© Home Theater™ premium audio system offering theater-like sound.
- An elegantly designed, centralized Multimedia Control Center for simplified control of media functions.
In today’s economy, Lenovo believes customers judge companies solely by the level of value they deliver to customers worldwide. Therefore, Lenovo promises customers and partners to deliver award-winning PCs with an unequalled ownership experience.