Lenovo PCs are the ultimate crime fighters
Today’s cybercriminals are sneaky and sophisticated, not to mention the “offline” thieves who are out to steal laptops from unsuspecting employees. Protecting your organization’s PCs from security threats can seem like an insurmountable task.
Lenovo has powerful security and protection tools that prevent malicious malware, viruses, and worms from crawling into your computers. We can even locate and control PCs that have been stolen.
The Lenovo layered security approach
We’ve added the capabilities of our industry-leading partners, such as Sophos, Computrace, and Intel to our own technology, for even more security and anti-theft solutions.
- SecureDoc offers full support for central management of new self-encrypting hard drives that meet the Opal standard issued by the Trusted Computing Group. SecureDoc also allows the deployment of any combination of sector-based full-disk encryption, file-and-folder encryption, container encryption and self-extractor encryption.
- Computrace theft management solution lets you remotely delete data in an emergency; wipe a disk drive clean before reissuing a PC; and use forensic tools to identify files accessed on a stolen PC.
- Intel anti-theft technology works in concert with Computrace software, letting you deactivate stolen or lost PCs remotely and track the movement of stolen devices.
- Sophos malware solutions wrap multiple security technologies into one powerful weapon loaded with anti-virus and anti-spyware applications, firewalls, application controls and encryption. The solution can be centrally managed, increasing security against malware, viruses, Trojans, worms and spyware.
Lenovo’s security begins with our core technology and our award-winning ThinkVantage Technologies. Exclusive to Lenovo, ThinkVantage Technologies provide solutions you won’t get anywhere else, including:
- Client Security Solution that offers advanced user authentication technology such as fingerprint readers, plus enhanced security for wired and wireless networking
- Active Protection System that can detect sudden changes in motion and temporarily stop a laptop's hard drive to protect valuable data
- Secure Data Disposal that lets you easily and securely erase confidential information on disk drives at the end of a PC’s lifecycle