To construct an effective 1:1 program, use a policy blueprint and reliable Lenovo tools
Creating an effective 1:1 program requires establishing a new structure, one that will enable and support the changes needed to improve learning outcomes and increase operational efficiency at your school. The foundation for this transformation starts with an effective policy blueprint.
Lenovo advises you create policies to inform how your school builds 1:1 infrastructure; prepares teachers and students for the 1:1 classroom; and protects and secures your students and your school’s technology assets.
A 1:1 policy blueprint should include:
- Funding and sustainability: Budget 1:1 learning expenses as fixed costs, and you’ll help ensure 1:1 endures at your school.
- Communications: Plan strategically timed communications to share ;information and progress, and craft messages to resonate with different audiences — board of education members; teachers and staff; parents and students; and potential supporters from your local business community.
- Site readiness: Evaluate whether your school has the robust network 1:1 requires, then assess whether you have the reliable and easy-to-use hardware, software, connectivity tools and Web access your school will need to make 1:1 a success. Try this readiness assessment tool from Educational Collaborators.
- Academic readiness: Determine whether appropriate course materials are available electronically, then train your teachers to use the computer to teach. Brought to you by Lenovo, the Atomic Learning professional development system is a vast and affordable online training resource that helps administrators, teachers and students better understand and communicate in a technology-enabled classroom.
- Results reporting: Use 1:1 tools to assess students’ mastery of critical skills and knowledge, and use this student performance data to track academic progress. Using Lenovo Classroom Director, teachers can capture and compile assessment data, allowing for thorough and accurate reporting of students’ results.
- Security and privacy: Keep your students, equipment and data safe and secure by establishing appropriate policies and having the right technology-based security tools in place. Lenovo offers a range of industry-leading security solutions, including the endpoint security, password management, fingerprint identity and anti-theft technology you need to create a secure 1:1 program.