Lenovo’s PC management and support solutions keep your school’s IT staff focused on education
Selecting the right PC for your college or university's 1:1 program is a critical decision, but it’s only the start. For your 1:1 program to succeed, you have to have a plan for managing and supporting PCs and managing data — no matter the size of your IT staff. Lenovo can help.
- LANDesk Management Suite for ThinkVantage Technologies, enabled in concert with Intel’s vPro Technology, saves your school time and money through a remotely enabled “discover, heal and protect” strategy:
- Discover where your school’s PCs are, even when they are turned off — ensuring fast and accurate inventories.
- Heal PCs if they get “sick.” Use powerful tools to diagnose and repair common problems such as corrupted operating system files or failed hard drives.
- Protect your devices and your data by ensuring security patches and performance upgrades stay on schedule, no matter where your PCs are.
- Power Manager helps extend battery life and improve productivity on Lenovo laptops and lower electricity costs for desktops by helping users monitor energy usage. Lenovo’s Power Manager, a ThinkVantage Technology, also allows users to control energy consumption remotely.
- Rescue and Recovery, a Lenovo ThinkVantage Technology, helps users recover from system crashes quickly — without calling for IT help — even if the primary operating system won’t boot. Just press the blue button. Rescue and Recovery can restore users’ productivity in two to three minutes. Lenovo users routinely report that using Rescue and Recovery has reduced their support costs by as much as 50 percent.
- Drops, bangs and spills are an inevitable part of any school day. Your school needs a solution that reduces repair costs, helps maintain a predictable budget and keeps your students, teachers and IT staff focused on learning.
- Three-Year Priority On-Site Warranty delivers on-site, next-day service and connects your school directly with advanced technicians for fast resolution.
- Three-Year On-Site Warranty extends your standard warranty and offers on-site support at your school.
- Accidental Damage Protection covers accidental damages not covered by warranty and provides repairs or system replacement from accidental damage. With ADP, your school can save more than 20 percent on notebook repair costs over three years. And if your school signs onto an ADP notebook replacement program, you can reduce procurement costs by as much as 60 percent. Those savings are hard to ignore.
- Faculty, staff and administrators depend on databases to track, trend and store information for mandated analysis and reporting. That data is critical and valuable, and you need to protect it.
- Online Data Backup is a secure, off-site data encryption and storage solution that requires minimal administrative overhead at the school level.