Safeguard your School’s 1:1 environment with Lenovo security and protection tools
PCs open windows on the world for students. But those open windows work both ways — meaning malicious malware, viruses and worms can crawl in. You can stop them with security and protection tools available on Lenovo tablet PCs, laptops, netbooks and desktop computers.
- SecureDoc offers full support for central management of new self-encrypting hard drives that meet the Opal standard issued by the Trusted Computing Group. SecureDoc also allows the deployment of any combination of sector-based full-disk encryption, file-and-folder encryption, container encryption and self-extractor encryption.
- Endpoint Security: Sophos’ malware solutions, brought to you by Lenovo, wrap multiple security technologies into one powerful weapon loaded with anti-virus and anti-spyware applications, firewalls, application controls and encryption. The solution can be centrally managed, increasing security against malware, viruses, Trojans, worms and spyware.
- Anti-Theft Protection: Computrace theft-management solution, created by Absolute Software and brought to you by Lenovo, lets you remotely delete data in an emergency; wipe a disk drive clean before reissuing a PC; and use forensic tools to identify files accessed on a stolen PC. Intel Anti-Theft technology works in concert with Computrace software, letting you deactivate stolen or lost PCs remotely and track the movement of a stolen device.
- User Security: Fingerprint readers speed up and simplify user identity checks, providing a quicker, easier and more secure alternative to passwords. Fingerprint readers also make integrated disk drive encryption — and recovery — accessible with a simple finger swipe.
- Client Security Solution offers advanced user authentication technology plus enhanced security for wired and wireless networking.
- Active Protection System can detect sudden changes in motion and temporarily stop a laptop's hard drive to protect valuable data.
- Secure Data Disposal lets you easily and securely erase confidential information on disk drives at the end of a PC’s lifecycle.